I don’t want to grow up. I know, I’m 40-ish now but this whole “adult” thing just isn’t working for me. My bits are moving about without permission from me. I don’t want two chins. If I stopped being responsible I could run and play. Then this extra chin wouldn’t be here because I would be skinny from all the exercise I was getting. I would never be anxious if I could only ride my bike more often. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with humanity. We just don’t play enough.
When can we call a recess? I think we should have time-outs for adults. Not the kind where you have to sit in a chair and be quiet. We do that anyway. It’s called work. I think our time-outs should be an order for silliness.
- You yelled at a coworker for not meeting deadlines? Well, that will be two laps across the monkey bars for you young man!
- You got pulled over for speeding? I think a game of kickball is in order here.
- You didn’t make your bed this morning? You’re going to have to jump on it for at least 15 minutes.
- You’re behind on the laundry? Build a fort with it in the living room.
- Late for a meeting? Skip all the way there.
Being grown up was supposed to be fun. This is the time when we can do what we want. Why aren’t we doing that?