There is nothing sexier than a man wearing a tool belt. He can fix stuff! Every woman wants a man that can fix stuff. Why even Tom Silva is sexy with a tool belt! BUT, before you marry a “Jack Of All Trades” there are a few things you should know.
- There will always be screws in your washer.
- You will find a surprise every time he pees. Don’t bother to ask him to explain. He will look at you blankly when you swear there was a paint brush in the toilet.
- Carpeted floors are for other people. You cannot have those.
- Discarded clothing in the driveway is the norm. Do not worry. The neighbors are used to seeing his butt by now.
- A portion of your yard will become “Sanford and Son”-ish. These are vital items to his trade and may not be removed.
- Random items will appear on your bank statement from Building Supply Stores. Don’t bother to question him. He will not remember what it was for.
- When the neighbors set a piece of furniture on the curb never assume the trash man picked it up. You will find it in the garage later.
- All of his shirts will have paint on them. Do not throw them out. These are his favorites.
- Assorted hardware will appear on your kitchen counters. You’ll need an area to confine these to. I recommend an old coffee can.
- There will never be enough room on the hall tree for your purse. Just give it up.
- When opening the front door you will sometimes be bombarded with strange smells. Do not ask him to explain. You do not want to know. Just grab the Lysol.
- Embrace the saw dust. You’re going to be wearing it every time he tries to hug you.
I can tell you from experience that it is wonderful having a man around the house that can repair or build anything he wants to. Just remember, there are sacrifices to be made and they are all to be made by you……