Awards are very flattering. I think maybe it’s just nice to hear that someone enjoys reading the random thoughts that trickle from your brain. Since I have previously received this particular award I have decided to answer the questions from my latest nominators on one post.
The following are from the wonderful blog of Escaping a Daydream
1. Do you have a pet? What is life without pets? They truly do make the world a better place. They cure depression and make me smile. I am proud to be owned by Pearl (female chihuahua), Jasper (male chihuahua) and Mattie (the unfriendly kitty). Mattie was a little kitty near death when we found her in our yard. Her eyes were matted shut hence the name.
2. Do you enjoy travel? If so where have you been? I almost never go anywhere except for work or home. I do occasionally make a trip to Tennessee to visit family but I generally keep my world very small. It’s not that I don’t want to ever travel. I am just quite happy at home. Once a month I do head to our little cabin in the woods. It lies in North Central Arkansas and is precisely smack dab in the middle of nowhere.
3. What got you into blogging? My facebook posts were getting a bit long. It was suggested by my friends that maybe I should take my mindless drivel on the road. So here it is in internet land.
4. If you like to be creative with your blog, and have a writer’s block, what do you do? I look at pictures. A picture really does contain a thousand words and can return you to an event in your life or remind you of the way someone made you feel.
5. If you would like to meet someone from the future, who would it be and why? for example, a president, someone who has been to mars etc.. If I could wear my magic cape and ride my unicorn into the future I would wish to see someone that carries my picture as their ancestor. I could bring their history alive for them.
6. Where do you live, and would you like to live somewhere else one day? I live in a small town in Arkansas. We have a huge population of 4,553. This is truly huge if you consider that before I moved here I lived in the town of Keo, AR with a population of 235. I was so excited to move to this town where I can buy milk. It’s those little things you take for granted. I don’t think I’ll ever leave Lonoke, AR. It is my happy place.
7. Kindle or paperback? I am an avid reader but so far I am still holding onto paper. I have recently been considering jumping on the Kindle bandwagon though. The problem is I can’t buy e-books at a yard sale.
8. Do you like tech gadgets? If so, what was your latest addition? No, I’m not very gadgety. Yes, I just made up a word. Microsoft Word does not like my new word and has begrudgingly underlined it with that red squiggly. How dare it not trust me!
9. What would you like to be doing in 10 years time? You know, I haven’t the slightest idea. I should really get some goals.
10. ’Team Edward’ or ‘Team Jacob’ , or Team ‘I have no idea what you are talking about’? I actually do know what you’re talking about. I just haven’t actually seen the films.
The following are from the wonderful blog of Princess Fairy ZooBoo
1. What is your favourite colour? Cobalt Blue! It used to be Salmon but my tastes are ever changing.
2. Cornetto, Magnum, or some other ice cream? We have a little Dairy Bar in our town where you can buy soft serve ice cream cones for $1.00. The Dairy Bar is so small that they don’t have indoor seating for patrons. You can sit at one of the picnic tables outside or take your purchase home to eat. On hot summer days it is difficult to resist the temptation of a $1.00 ice cream cone.
3. Do you like mangoes? Yes, though I don’t buy a lot of fruit. Who could pass up mango salsa though?
4. If you had a bag of happy fairy dust, why/on who would you sprinkle it? I would dump the whole bag on my dearest husband. Mr. Grumpy forgets how to smile sometimes which is odd since he is the best joke teller I have ever met.
5. What is your favourite TV drama, and why? That would have to be “Two Broke Girls”. They are absurd and make me laugh.
6. Is there any landmark/city you would like to visit one day, and why? That would definitely be the Smithsonian. I will get there someday!
7. Have you seen a fantastic movie lately? No, it’s been awhile.
8. Are you a shopaholic, or a chocoholic? Ahem, please see my previous post regarding shoes.
9. Do you like pie? If so, have you got a favourite? When we got married I made a table full of pies. My husband wanted wedding pie instead of wedding cake. I know that’s odd but he marches to the beat of his own oboe.
10. Just out of sheer curiosity, have you ever seen a rainbow? On my way home from work one day there was a full rainbow stretching across the rice fields. That was the first time I had ever seen both ends of a rainbow at the same time.