I received an award today. Seriously, I kid you not. An honest to goodness, and might I add PUBLISHED, writer Christina nominated my blog for an award. I know, you’re thinking there is no way. The person that posts mindless ramblings and conversations with her Chihuahua received an award? Really? Next thing you know there will be someone Freshly Pressed for a blog about toilet paper .
To accept my Liebster Award, I must do several things:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me. The illustrious Christina
- Answer ten questions given to me by my nominator.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
Here are the ten questions I have been given:
1. What book has most influenced you in your life?
It’s hard to pick just one as I am an avid reader. The obvious answer would be The Bible but it does not give me pleasure to read it. (I know, insert astonishment here.) There is way too much violence in there for me. The one book that has made me think the hardest and look within is Hanta Yo by Ruth Beebe Hill. My copy is so worn out the pages have become fragile.
2. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I can change anything in my life. All of life is a choice. I don’t understand why people can’t see that. I am where I chose to be. I may not be perfectly happy with me but I am exactly where I put myself. I own that.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving would have to be my favorite holiday. I love it because I can have my family around and cook huge meals for them without having to be reminded that there are no small children in my household to open gifts. Thanksgiving is everyone’s holiday. It doesn’t just belong to the children.
4. Where would you most like to travel?
My biggest travel goal is really quite simple. I wish to spend a week at the Smithsonian. I can’t even imagine all that it contains. I want to see the history of my people and try to fathom the things they felt.
5. Does your car have a name? If so, what is it?
No, she is just a Mazda. I like her very much and am quite sure she is a she as she doesn’t complain or order me about. She doesn’t care if my dogs leave nose art on her windows or if I collect a small arsenal of umbrellas in the back. She graciously carries me to my destinations with never a complaint.
6. Favorite pet?
Oh that one is easy. It is Pearl of course. Pearl is my little diva dog who orders me about. If you have read my blog you already know this though. I cannot imagine life without my Pearl.
7. What five words would your friends use to describe you?
I don’t know and I refuse to ask them. I might need therapy afterwards. They keep me around though so who is the nutty one here?
8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
It was the year my Mother threw me a birthday party in our yard. She had no money so she created games that we could play like dropping a clothes pin into a mason jar from our noses. Her boss was a ventriloquist and brought his dummy to entertain us. I didn’t even know we were poor. It was the best birthday ever.
9. What was the last show you watched on television?
I watched a bit of Mike and Molly last night. I am not a television person and rarely ever turn it on. It is usually my husband that watches it so if he does land on something I like I will try to spend some time with him. My Dearest is a remote control hog so I’m usually at his mercy.
10. Do you believe in ghosts?
Most definitely, I have heard them, seen them and even smelled them. I have never tried to talk to one though. I am usually just aware of their presence.
Next, I’ll nominate ten other bloggers. My choices are:
My Atheist Blog Yes, I know I am not an Atheist but I really like this guy so get over it.
Here’s the 10 questions for my 10 bloggers:
- If you had an undo button, what would you undo?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What is your “Super Power” that makes you different from all others?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
- What scares you the most?
- What impact do you want to leave on the world?
- Life is too short to tolerate _______________?
- What are you procrastinating on right now?